Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy New Year Latin Style: Unusual South American Customs for Bringing in the New Year

| |

Author: Larry M. Lynch

Source: articleage.com



Question: What does one case, 12 grapes, one batch of wheat, yellow color, three potatoes and stuffed dummy all have in common? Right! All of them are suitable to apply the new year. But do you use and how are they celebrated? Get That Suitcase OutMany South Americans believe that if you have an empty suitcase around the Block New Year's Day Are you happy to travel during the year. When I have an older neighbor walked out of the gate in front of Cali, Colombia, and beat-up suitcase he forgotten off when she wiped my questions rudely. "Do not bother me, I will go away!" minutes later, his "tour" ready, he believed that he wanted "to see the opinions of" this year. According to him, travel this year is now "in the bag." Around mid-December to begin a disproportionate amount of fruit and grape street vendors start to sell the message. Grapes are all over by Christmas. Green grapes, purple grapes, grapes are mixed - they roll the streets and flatten as you walk under the feet of carefree shopping and market areas. Eating 12 grapes at midnight, or close to New Year's Eve will bring you good luck the new year. Green grapes are better for the majority, but it is not enough, I was told, Anna Lucia, who came into the room mixed the grapes is high enough case, "Vino" to produce. You're not going to eat all of that, are you? "I chided." No, it's not just me. They are my family. "I remembered that she and her husband have five children. To raise a large family and well, as said. It is not yet had twelve? The pace is time.A Bundle Includes WheatA black youth, was the center of Pasto, Colombia was listed on the angle of five-liter a bucket full of wheat with boards. Each was wrapped in brightly colored ribbon or two. Some were even further improved, or a small flower bouquet. "People up and down the streets ran to look the same as slid them upright and the fire engine siren. Crossing the city's main square, or Zocalo, a young girl sitting on a bench waving we pushed it a magic wand. "This is new to me," I said to the partner, as he said. "If you hang the stack of wheat bundled in your house is a very good luck." He added: "The proposed twelve stems of each bundle of wheat." How much of one? " I asked youth.We quickly negotiated a better price. "Are you sure that the twelve here?" I asked, did not want to get short-changed. "Oh yeah. Go ahead and count them." When the partner replied: "No, you're only eleven." He quickly snapped back, "No way! recalculate." We did, and there were twelve. Lucky New Year's thing is a serious matter. Flower bar, now oversees the bookshelf over my desk. Wish me luck, okay? Color YellowNot all the ideas, but many of the Latinos in Colombia and Ecuador to use the yellow color of the new year. There are several ways to do this. You can paint the room yellow. Place one of the yellow room. Wear yellow clothes and shower yourself with your good luck to the new year. for reasons yet to escape the favorite to wear yellow underwear. (Preferred color is red in Mexico.) Both men and women have a pair or two hand, when - and as I have said repeatedly. Okay, Okay, I fess up, I have a couple of pairs of yellow underwear for myself. So please call volatile. I'm also red. Should I use the couple of New Year's? I will never tell! readability of the "How to use three potatoes and the complete dummy of a new year" unusual customs of Latin America, New Year's. It is available online at: http://bettereflteacher.blogspot.com/Happy New Year! and the fuselage and out! Professor Larry M. Lynch is a bilingual copywriter, expert author and photographer specializing in business, travel, food and education-related writing in South America. His work has appeared abroad, the transitions, the South American Explorer, Escape America, Mexico News and Brazil magazines. Free details of his 5-week online course "Develop your own and get published on the Web for Fun, Fame and Fortune", and more tips on article writing, public speaking and mental skills are available online at: http://bettereflteacher. blogspot.com /






0 comments:

top

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger